Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Sound Bar RIP


Sad news reaches Baron Towers with the announcement that Sound Bar is to close this weekend. I've seen some cracking gigs there over the years and they were simply lovely when they hosted my birthday bash last year. I'm ashamed to say I didn't pop in as often as I should've though. No idea why...I guess I (like many people) got locked into the Institute/Flapper/Hare & Hounds/Academy circuit. I always thought the Sound Bar would be rammed to the rafters with students, after all Aston Uni's just across the road, and that the place would be a goldmine. Great music, cheap drinks, a nice atmosphere...what more do people want eh? It's a sad loss and I guess people will only realise this when it's gone. Good luck to all those who put so much effort into the place over the years. You will be missed.

1 comment:

Mrs B said...

This really is tragic news. When I was organising the Baron's 40th birthday party last year Kris, the owner, was lovely and so helpful. The Sound Bar will be truly missed.