Friday, January 28, 2011

Saint Saviour’s Day

Saint Saviour 720p from the found collective on Vimeo.

Hell, so they say, hath no fury like a woman scorned. I can get in a pretty pissy mood when I feel like it too, but that’s normally down to the really important stuff like missing Deal or No Deal or not getting enough mint sauce on my weekly chicken kebab. Anyway, what always makes me feel better though is discovering a spiffing (yep, I've been reading The Chap magazine again)new tune or artist and this week I proudly present, for your delectation and delight, Saint Saviour. If you’ve been watching BBC recently you’ll have heard her as the vocalist on Groove Armada’s ‘I Won’t Kneel’ track (used on the promo for BBC HD). Dig a little deeper and you’ll find she’s been busily crafting some really lush stuff of her own and Woman Scorned is the first proper fruits of her labour. It came out at the tail end of last year but passed me by (I was probably watching Deal or No Deal with a chicken kebab all over me chops). Yes, I am officially Uncle Slack. Here you go. Stick it on, pump up the volume and see what you think. I love it.

PS: Oh, if you’ve not heard the Groove Armada track either here it is. All part of the service.

Groove Armada ' I won't kneel' from Joe Randall-Cutler on Vimeo.

No comments: