Rant bit first...
The review proper is above...but rather than taint what was an excellent night I'm going to vent my spleen over one member of the audience here first.
(1) Sitting right at the front in what was a very intimate setting (the artists were barely 3 feet away) and talking loudly/texting your mates / trying to roll up a ciggie / trying to light said ciggie a thousand times...is not on.
(2) Getting up during the set (oh yes...this really happened) and saying to the lead singer of the band you'd paid to see that you had to go to the loo...again is not on. When Bobby asked, irony dripping from every word, if she'd like him to wait for her...she said yes.
(3) Screaching at the audience that we didn't like her because she was taking the limelight was clearly incorrect...we didn't like you 'cos you're an asshole.
(4) Telling the artist...again during the set...that he was 'a let down' during the first bit (he wasn't...he was brill from start to finish) is totally and utterly unforgivable.
(5) Stating that you are the real fan and that the rest of us were just a typical Birmingham audience (whatever that is supposed to mean) is an insult to our fair city. I've been to hundreds of gigs in Birmingham where the audience have been a delight.
(6) You. Are. A. Mistake. I can only assume you were drunk beyond belief and woke up this morning weeping tears of shame.
If Bobby Conn and / or Last Man Standing were annoyed or offended by this person I apologise on behalf of the people of Birmingham...and the human race in general.