Monday, January 16, 2012

SXSW 2012

I've never been to South By Southwest (SXSW)...seemingly the most exciting new music showcase on this or any other planet...but maybe one year eh? If anyone should fancy paying me huge amounts to cover the thing you know where I am. Actually I'd accept small amounts. Scrap that, just get me over there, find me a dumpster to kip in, throw in a bottle of Jack Daniels and a hot dawg or two and we'll call it quits okay? Judging by the videos being uploaded by the organisers there's the usual winning mix of the brilliant and the bonkers, cop a look for yourself at the SXSW Yoo Toob channel.

Here's just a couple that leapt out, first off some Danish art prog from Thulebasen...



...and how's about this then from a freshly re-animated VHS or Beta. That's a nasty case of thrush (1 minute 18 seconds in) you've got there young lady...



PS: All offers of a fully expenses paid trip to SXSW to thehearingaid@googlemail.com

No comments: