Thursday, April 20, 2017

Back with a Bullitt...




No post for over a week? Where does the time go eh? Mainly painting ruddy decking and gardening in my case - oh my rock 'n' roll lifestyle - but we won't go into that right now. I did manage to find time to trawl various charity shops and jumble sales though and snaffled a rather tasty Canadian pressing of the classic Bullitt soundtrack on vinyl for just a pound. Bargain. It's the kind of music that makes you feel at least 68% cooler...70% if you combine it with a shot of neat Jack D...which of course I will. Speaking of classic vinyl it's Record Store Day this weekend so if you're Brum based get yourselves down to Swordfish Records (oh how I miss that place) or if you're here in sunny Devon I can highly recommend Phoenix Sound in Newton Abbot. Combine that with a pint or two at the Cider Barn and you've pretty much got the perfect day. There's a wallet / purse emptying 500 releases this year too, half of which will probably end up on e-Bay at vastly inflated prices but there you go, that's capitalism for you.

No comments: