Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Alice super...




Snuffling around rather ace local record shop Phoenix Sound in Newton Abbot after a restorative pint and a half in the equally ace local Cider Barn (oh so much cider...) I happened to catch an album playing that caught my ear. Turns out it's by a local artist too, Alice Jemima, who recently signed to Sunday Best a label that generally knows its musical onions. Plying a deliciously laid back vocal with just a hint of a hip hop flava she reminds me a little of much missed (by me at least) hipster band Friends (especially on this little beauty). Hopefully she'll play Dawlish soon - okay I know that's a bit specific but being car-less getting back from gigs continues to be a bit of a challenge - so I can see her live but in the meantime here are another couple of cuts from that self titled debut album. Enjoy!





No comments: