Friday, October 25, 2013

25 not out...


A momentous anniversary passed me by recently. I went to my first proper gig 25 years ago. Yes...I know...I don't look that old, very kind of you to notice. I thought the date was November sometime but it was actually (according to the internet and that's never wrong is it eh?) October 9th 1988. The band/artist? Marc Almond. The venue? The Powerhouse. I went on my own too...mainly because I was a bad ass loner on a mission to destruction. Yeahhh! Or maybe I just didn't have any friends? Ahhhh the miseries of youth. Anyway, here's what you missed if you weren't there...or weren't born yet...



I dread to think how many gigs I've been to since then. If you're really bored you can have a read through the list here. There are some gaps but it's fairly comprehensive.

PS: You'll notice a huge gap between 1988 and 1992...I was an impoverished student living in Brighton then and could barely afford to eat let alone go out to gigs. In fact I seemed to spend most of my time working at 7-Eleven on Western Road selling boxes of condoms to hookers. Happy days...

No comments: