Tuesday, September 24, 2013

George Barnett...he's a keeper



Regular readers will know of my enthusiasm for George Barnett who'd already written, recorded and produced his very own debut album by the age of 17...oh yeah...he played all of the instruments too. It was a bloody great record as well (check out my review). Now, having had squillions of hits on You Tube for his even better than the real thing cover of Daft Punk's Get Lucky he's just released his latest track, Animal Keeper. Oh my. Play. Share. Like. Love. Learn the lyrics and start singing it at random strangers. I've said it from day one and I'll say it again...he will be MASSIVE...and this could be the song that breaks him. Enjoy.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

My thoughts exactly!!! This guy have such an energy abd of course talent!!! I admit that I first ackowledged his work from seeing his Daft Punk's cover, but then I searched about his previous stuff. WOW... Everyone should check this out. Amazing!!!

Katinka said...

Yes, that's what I think, too! I also saw the Daft Punk cover at first and I had to search for his other stuff, because his energy fascinated me and I was so positively surprized about his own amazing songs and videos!! Can't stop listening to it!

The Baron said...

Hi both! Thanks for the comments. He's just as great live too, I've been lucky enough to see him a few times. A really genuine down to earth chap too. Let's hope he gets the success he deserves - keep spreading the word!

Katinka said...

Yes! I want to see him live!! Hope he will come to Germany soon!!

The Baron said...

Hi Katinka,

I'll have a word with him for you!

Katinka said...

Thanks! :-) Bremen or he should definitely come to Hamburg where the Beatles started their big career!! :-)

The Baron said...

I'll see what I can do!

Katinka said...

Now I count on you! :-D