Wednesday, January 23, 2013

San Cisco - Wild Things



It's still frikkkkkkkkin' freezing here in the Midlands so today I'm desperately attempting to warm myself up with some cute Aussie indie pop from hotly tipped (as opposed to filter tipped I guess, or fly tipped...or tipped over the edge of a cliff...feel free to join in) San Cisco. As seems to be the vogue these days the videos clearly been directed by a serial killer but hey, live and live right?

Assuming the band survived the making of the video (just watch it and you'll see what I mean) they're touring Europe, gawd help 'em with this weather, in February and March with a B-Town gig (yep, I'm sticking with the whole B-Town thang through thick and thin) on March 2nd at The Temple (the room right at the very top of the HMV...whoops...don't mention the HMV bit...Institute) on Saturday March 2nd. The single, Wild Things, is 'out' on February 18th, as if such things matter any more eh? Speaking of which someone's apparently taken over HMV, Hilco UK a 'restructuring business'. Hmmmmm. Unless they plan to 'restructure' HMV into a chain of discount clothing shops selling shoddy goods for 99p with a free horse burger for every tenth customer who comes in to pawn their gran's colostomy bag I still can't see much of a future for them, but what do I know.

5 comments:

Russ L said...

Apparently <A href="http://digbeth.org/2013/01/digbeth-institute/HMV have nowt to do with The Institute anymore</a>.

Hopefully this will stop people referring to it as "The HMV". I hate that.

Russ L said...

Oops, sorry - messed up the link.

I meant to link this.

The Baron said...

Ahhhh yes, henceforth it'll be known and The (Red Hot?) MAMA. Much better.

Russ L said...

I do hope that it'll be known as "The Institute" (as most folks used to call it and a fair number still do).

God knows that all these companies will still insist on doing their 'branding', but I reeeeally don't think that we should encourage them.

The Baron said...

Fair point, I like The Institute too. But then again I find the thought of heading down to The Mama strangely appealing. Sounds like a dodgy 1920's New Orleans speakeasy. I daresay the place will have changed hands a dozen times more before they get round to branding anything. It'll probably end up becoming The Poundland Institute pretty soon. At least that would make the bar a lot more affordable...