Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Dan Sartain RIP


Listening to Marc Riley's show on 6Music last night I was gutted to hear that Dan Sartain had passed away at the age of just 39. The cause of death hasn't yet been announced and maybe it never will but, once again given his age (how often have I written that recently?), I hope it wasn't what I fear it was.  

I had the very great pleasure of seeing Dan play live a couple of times, once at the legendary Coldrice 5th Birthday Party in 2006 (see photo above...I still haven't recovered from that night) and once back in 2010 at the Hare and Hounds when we chewed the fat for a while and he posed for the photo below (taken by the lovely ShakeyPix). 

Having released a stunning debut album (Dan Sartain vs The Serpientes) and opened for The White Stripes and The Hives back in the mid noughties he really should have been a star...and if there's any justice maybe he still will be. 


My thoughts and sympathies are with his family and friends. RIP Dan, you'll be missed. How bloody poignant is this, seemingly his last video and song, now eh? 


No comments: