Wednesday, June 26, 2019

The Glastonbury blues...




Bugger. It's that time of the year again. Regular readers will know we did 10 Glastonburys (well, 9 proper Glastonburys and then one where we worked our asses off for two days but were then forced to leave by a con artist who provided security but didn't pay anyone he employed...twat) but we've not been for a decade or so now. There's no doubt that the festival's changed since our first one back in 1895...no, make that 1995...it's more commercial (although nowhere near as bad as most), bigger and 'trendier'...and the musical scene's generally a lot duller (in my humble opinion) but, hell, it's still the best and most iconic festival on planet earth and every June I bemoan the fact I'm not there. Next year Glastonbury and I will turn 50 and, although I stand more chance of winning the lottery than getting a ticket, I'm seriously thinking about having a bash for old time's sake. If you're there enjoy it. Have a pint or six at the cider bus for me.

PS: I think you can see me somewhere on the footage above, pre 'tache days. Still one of the best live acts I've ever seen.

No comments: