Wednesday, November 06, 2013

All aboard the Miss Halliwell Xpress...


Okay, this is going to be special. Miss Halliwell are releasing...no, scrap that...unleashing...their new double album with a special gig for The Adam and Eve’s last Sunday Xpress show of the year. If you’re a regular reader you’ll probably be fed up to the back, front and side teeth of me banging on about Miss Halliwell but – and may Miley Cyrus twerk me senseless if I’m lying – I believe they’re one of the most important bands around right now. Why? Search me. I just feel it in my water and you’ve got to trust your feelings right? A large part of it is to do with their gloriously twisted leader (and I mean that in the best possible way) Miles Perhower (quite possibly not his real name). 



See? The man speaks the truth. Sure it’s not always pretty but then neither is Broad Street at 2am on a Saturday night.  Not so much kicking against the pricks more slicing ‘em off, mincing ‘em up and feeding ‘em to the poor Miss Halliwell are the antidote to every airbrushed autotuned corporate cock guzzling boy band / girl group / hipster ego wanking next big thing in the world. And they’re right here in Birmingham. Go see. 

No comments: