Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cults at the Hare and Hounds...this Wednesday!



Been meaning to bung up a post about this gig for a while...but I forgot...I’m doing that a lot these days...that’s old age for you. Anyway, this Wednesday (that’s tomorrow if you’re reading this today) New Yawk indie poppers Cults play the Hairy Hounds in Kings Heath. Notable for having a band member called Brian Oblivion (how rock n’roll is that? I may change my name you know...I quite fancy Derek Devoid...hmmm...no you’re right...needs more work) and releasing a sack full of indier than thou singles. Cute lady vocals climb under a duvet with woozily lo fi-ish 1960’s instrumentation...the audio equivalent of a Polaroid picture of two lovers sharing a bottle of Jack Daniels. Whatever the hell that means. Cultdom surely beckons...

Tickets from our good chums at Birmingham Promoters for the bargain price of £7.

No comments: