Tuesday, January 03, 2023

Rich - Yard Act


Pretty sure I posted this track up last year but after getting the album on heavvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvyweight vinyl for Christmas I can't resisting sticking it up (again?). Yard Act's debut was the album of the year for my money and hopefully 2023 will see more from them. Speaking of my musical hopes for 2023 how about a prime time music show on the BBC eh? It's telling that there wasn't a Christmas Top Of The Pops this year, has the Beeb given up on music? Okay, so there's an awful lot of utter crap around these days but bands like Yard Act give me some reason to be optimistic about the future and it would be great to see them on 'mainstream' TV. Maybe that ship's sailed though. Maybe the charts are destined to be populated entirely by computer programmed autotuned garbage until the end of time? Anyway, Happy New Year and all that jazz!  

No comments: