Monday, April 08, 2024

You Are The Best Thing and the Worst Thing - Devil Doll


One of the great things about the price of CDs at the moment is being able to just take a punt on something that looks interesting (as I don't have a mobile phone let alone a 'smart' one I'm unable to listen to stuff while I'm out and about, just like in the good old days when you'd buy stuff purely on the look of the cover or the label it was on...imagine that eh kids?). With that devil may care attitude I picked up Devil Doll's Queen of Pain album a couple of weeks ago and gave it a spin last night, with this track in particular floating my boat. Take a little Latin rhythm, stir in a pinch of rock, roll and rockabilly sass and add a generous dash of bourbon and that'll give you some idea of the vibe we're talking about here. Or you could just give it a spin of course. Ain't technology grand? 

No comments: