Monday, May 23, 2022

Grandmaster Gareth RIP

I have no words. Okay, that’s not strictly true but after trying for three days to digest the frankly shattering news that Gareth Jones aka Grandmaster Gareth, the driving force behind legendary Birmingham band Misty’s Big Adventure, had ‘left us’ I still can’t take it in. The nature of Gareth’s passing is his and his family’s affair but I hope he knew how much he was loved and admired by those of us who had the privilege of seeing him perform, hearing his music and meeting with him in some sticky floored venue or another over the years. I could waffle on and on…and quite possibly on…about what he and his band meant to me but I think it’s best to let the music speak for itself. My thoughts and sincere condolences go out to his family, friends and many (but nowhere near as many as he and the band deserved) fans who are no doubt feeling just as numb as I am right now. RIP Gareth. X






PS: If you're new to the band you can still pick up a copy of The Young Person's Guide To Misty's Big Adventure here...please do...

No comments: