Monday, June 21, 2021

Now That's What I Call Quite Lucky...


Regular readers will know of my seemingly unquenchable appetite for charity shop CDs. I normally pay anything from 25p to £1 each for 'em but on Saturday I splashed out a whole £3 for Now That's What I Call Music 4. Why? Well, the copy in question appeared to be one of the almost mythical first releases from 1984. I knew it was rare but had no idea quite how rare. Apparently there were only 500 or so of the first pressings made (the cover's different to the later editions and the case has the words 'Patent pending' embossed on the back bottom right hand corner...exciting eh?). So, what's it worth? Well here's the last copy that sold...VARIOUS ARTISTS "NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC 4" MEGA RARE ORIGINAL 1984 UK CD | eBay And people say CDs are worthless. If the vinyl revival taught us anything it's that nostalgia's a powerful thing and CDs day will come again, probably pretty soon too. If you don't believe me then listen to the might Jeffrey Lewis, "Whatever people don't want, that's the time to get it". Amen. 


2 comments:

thebobbydazzler said...

Now That's What I Call The Luckiest Man Alive!

The Baron said...

Ha! Almost...I'm pretty sure you still hold that title though.