Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Matthew Sweet - Come To California




My seemingly insatiable appetite for buying CDs shows no signs of waning. A few weeks ago I saw four albums by Matthew Sweet in a charity shop, a name I kind of recognised but couldn't recall ever listening to. I suspect he's better known in the US of A than he is over here which is a shame as he sprang from the same fertile ground that spawned REM (in fact Sweet and Stipe were briefly a duo called Community Trolls...who knew eh?). Anyway, at the time I didn't buy them but at the weekend I popped back in and there they were...so I took that to be a sign. I've yet to listen to the albums (now there's a surprise eh?) but I came across this track on You Tube and if it's anything like the rest of the stuff at £4 for the lot that's a pretty sweet deal eh?

PS: Here's another goody...a little light grunge meets REM and Teenage Fanclub.



No comments: