Wednesday, September 04, 2019

Jeffrey Lewis & The Voltage - LPs




Lordy, I love this. I'm guessing I'm a little older than the wonderful Jeffrey Lewis (and I don't agree with his verdict that everything from the 80s sucked but vive le difference eh?) however both he and I grew up in that wonderful magical pre internet age when discovering music was genuinely a hunt and a thrill as opposed to being a mere click away. I remember when vinyl was dirt cheap too, coming back from car boot sales with a bag full of bargains on a weekly basis. Ahhhh, happy days. But, as Jeff quite rightly concludes those happy days are still here...only now its CDs that are the bargains! I've been banging on about this for months / years so it's nice to know I'm not the only one who has a growing soft spot for those little silver discs. And the prices...good grief...four CDs for £1 in some charity shops! Nuts! But don't tell everyone okay, it's just our little secret.


No comments: