Friday, April 05, 2019

UB40 - Sing Our Own Song





I'd forgotten what a lost gem this UB40 track was but I was reminded of it when I saw the photo below of Brian Travers, UB40's irrepressible sax man, someone who's quite clearly well and truly 'singing his own song' right now.


Here he is, just 6 days after brain surgery to remove two tumours back out on the Guinness (at least I think it's Guinness). What a dude. If he should ever read this all the best Brian, although it looks like you're pretty much back up and running already. He's quoted on Facebook as saying "I’m fine..i aint surrendering just because I’ve got tumors in my head, fuck that..Die on my feet NOT live on my knees x". Amen to that. As the old Irish saying goes, 'We're here for a good time, not a long time'.

PS: Here's Brian in a video from a track on UB40's latest album For The Many too.


No comments: