Thursday, November 22, 2018

Morphine - Cure for Pain




I picked up two copies of Morphine's Cure for Pain album over the weekend...and promptly put them back on the shelf again as I'd only vaguely heard of the band and didn't want to waste 66p. Oh foolish Baron. It turns out that Morphine are/were something of a hidden jazzy, bluesy, alt rock gem. Returning to the charity shop in question both CDs were, of course, gone so I've just spunked almost £9 on a copy from eBay (clearly I'm not the only one who's a recent convert). Anyway, have a listen. It might not be your bag but if it is I suspect you'll get as addicted as me...

PS: Sadly Morphine is no more as lead singer Mark Sandman died of a heart attack in stage way back in 1999. He was just 46.

PPS: Here's another one. How good is this?!




No comments: