Friday, July 20, 2018

Now That's What I Call Historical




Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1983 when the original Now That's What  Call Music came out I was just 13. I know, bless me eh?



I didn't buy that one or Now 2, but I did get Now 3 (I think) for Christmas in 1984. On tape. And a personal tape player too. How hip can you get? I remember wondering at the time how many of these Now albums will they release, fast forward a mere 35 years and we're now at Now 100. Wow.

I have no idea how many copies Now sells these days but back in the 80s it was a big deal with over a million copies of Now 1 being shifted on vinyl and tape (this was pre CD days kids). It was a cooler compilation series compared to the Ronco and K-Tel releases that we'd been used to and although it was all chart fodder chart fodder in those days seemed a lot better than what we've got now.

On top of the track above this gibberish here's a trio of other original Now tracks to prove the point. Enjoy!







Hmmmm, I wonder if they'll get to Now 200? That would make me...oh bugger...83. Curiously enough of course the first Now came out in 1983. Spooky eh? Right, I'll see you back here in 2053, it's a date.

No comments: