Thursday, March 10, 2016

Weaves a spell...




Flip me, yes, this is more like it.  I kind of hate to make sweeping generalisations but a lot of music these days quite frankly sucks balls. Not all...by a long shot...I ain’t one of those things were better in the 60s/70s/80s (...oh shit, maybe I am when it comes to the 80s...) kind of chaps, but there’s far too much wishy washy background music being made right now. That ain’t something you could accuse Weaves of. A Toronto four piece they’ve been around a few years and this little gem One More, has been plucked a-kickin’ and a-screamin’ from their debut album due out on June 17th. Blending pop punk and garage rock (with perhaps just a touch of grunge nihilism for good measure) it’s an eargasm of a track practically genetically modified to have you pogoing round in yer pants frightening the neighbours. I frickin’ loves it. 

No comments: