Sunday, June 29, 2008

Glastonbury 2007 - the movie (well my version anyway)


Strange moment last night. Normally I'd be shivering in the pouring rain watching a giant TV screen somewhere on the far horizon, trying to stop the water dripping down my nose and into my cider (nice image eh?). But instead there I was sitting in the relative comfort of Baron Towers watching Amy Winehouse's extraordinary performance. Did anyone else see her lamp one of the crowd or was it just me? Mind you I've been tempted to lamp one or two of the Glastonbury crowd myself (what is it with those freakin flags...?) so I can't really blame her. The worst moments were when the cameras panned around and a caught a glimpse of the bright yellow 24 hour 'we sell everything from rizlas to embryos' stalls. It brought a lump to my throat (that could've been the remains of my hangover though...hmmm). Despite the fact that Glasto is just too bloody big, you can't see jack, it always rains and most people seem to spend all day charging their bloody mobiles...it's still Glasto. There's always at least one magic moment that makes the mud, mountains of faeces, aching limbs and the bloke in the tent next to you who plays 'From Despair to Where' over and over and over again all worth it. 2008 has been my fallow year. I can't help looking forward to June 2009. Damn you, you big smelly, overhyped, gloriously bloody awful...but quite lovely at the same time...festival. Oh, the video at the start of this nonesense shows our tent filmed by me on Saturday morning at Glasto 2007. By Sunday the stream had become a river and our tent had its very own water bed...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good God, that video reinforces my dislike of camping.

Anonymous said...

Just be thankful I didn't upload toilet-cam...urggh...the horror...the horror.

See you at Sonic.

Anonymous said...

Sad to say I can relate to both of those examples too. Must be the masochist in us. I normally end up eating some of the lovely 'wholefood' at Glasto with hilarious consequences. Next day, back I go, forgetting its bowel emptying qualities. Funnily enough going away with the other half can have the same result...